Sunday, February 24, 2013

Simple Ways to Save Money

If you are like me, you are looking for ways to save money! As a "stay at home" mom -in between jobs - living on only one income its very important for me to try new ways to save money.

Since being back at home I have realized how much we spend on Laundry soap!  With two children still at home (one being a very active 13-year old boy!) we have LOTS of laundry!!

I started looking on Pinterest just for fun but soon discovered that there is alot of great information on there! I have been toying with the idea of making my own soap for several months, collecting everything I need (The Blender, The Molds for bar soaps, Double Boiler, the Essential Oils, Borax, Washing Soda, Oxygen Cleaner, and the Fels Naptha & Castile Bar Soaps.)

Well, Finally, Last Night I made my first batch of Laundry Soap (I'm calling it "Lucie's Lavendar Laundry Soap").  My Next post will have lots of pictures and step-by-step directions so that you can make your own!  It was fun and soo easy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment